Ex-Salvadoran official in custody in Mass. (AP)

BOSTON ? A former El Salvadoran military official who is accused of playing a role in the 1989 massacre of six Jesuit priests has been taken into custody in Massachusetts.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's office in Boston says Inocente Orlando Montano was arrested on Tuesday.

Montano made a brief initial appearance in U.S. District Court and was scheduled to return for a bail hearing later in the day.

A human rights organization said earlier this month that Montano had been living in a Boston suburb.

Montano faces a charge in the U.S. of making false statements on an immigration document.

Nine ex-soldiers and officials recently turned themselves over to an El Salvador court after being indicted in connection with the killings. Montano, who was among those indicted, has denied involvement.

Source: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/latam/*http%3A//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110823/ap_on_re_us/us_el_salvador_jesuits

zachery tims funeral zachery tims funeral laser laser peta oscar ron paul 2012